AgFirst Engineering is involved in the aftercare management of a closed landfall. The landfill has been contoured, covered with a soil landfill cap and grassed.
AgFirst Engineering responsibilities include:
- Daily monitoring and management of the leachate collection system and the application of collected leachate to land.
- Pastoral monitoring to ensure the pasture is safe for stock consumption.
- Soil nutrient monitoring to ensure the landfill cap nutrient levels are maintained in a range to provide unrestricted pastoral growth and quality.
- Daily management of the land application leachate system.
- Liaison with local authorities and landowners.